Monday, April 25, 2011

Remembering Old Hope Gives Strength to New Hope

In these days of uncertainty for our family. While we look for what our next turn in life will be and hope for the wisdom to see God's guidance in this trip down life's lane, I have looked to our past together as a family through some of my writings in the journals I keep that hold the jumbled mess in my head sometimes that bleeds out onto the page. I remember distinctly the morning I watched a sunrise after a morning walk, and while showering, dressing, and brewing my coffee for the morning I wrote these words about the artwork only God can create. It was my reminder today that with each day there is new hope and it is darkest before the light.


"Dawn"

The sky painted pink and purple,
blends to a gold and blue that can only be painted by the hand of God.
The sun makes way from the place where she lay,
waiting for night to be through.

The symphony of birds' song fill the air
as a chorus of praise to the Almighty.
While damp darkness surrenders to the beauty of the coming day

The haze of night has passed and gasps it's final breath,
as it bows low in praise to the light of dawn
and to the One who lights His creation.

The day is new
and as I share the joy of His masterpiece
with all of God's handiwork,
I see the smile of God.

--Clint Stephenson March 12, 2001

I was reminded by this writing with each new day, each rising of the sun, there rests boundless opportunity. May we always be diligent in finding it, and when we do, may we praise the Creator of all good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment