Monday, March 8, 2010

That's My Kid!

I watched my daughter sing on stage yesterday. I'm biased, but still she sang like an angel. I wanted everyone to know, "Hey! That's my kid!"

When Connor gets a base hit and an RBI I want to let everyone in the stands know, "Hey! That's my kid!"

But then there are times when I hear my kids tell a lie, and I say, "Honey, they're your kids."

Connor got in trouble at school for talking too much so I said, "Honey, what's with your son?"

Caitlin the teen-aged angel glares at me across the dinner table and says, "Whatever," and I ask, "Why does your daughter act that way?"

Being a parent is filled with moments of immense pride, and occasional disappointment, and the hope that they'll grow successfully into adulthood.

God looks at us and says, "That's MY kid."

For those of us that accept his grace, we have the assurance that God sees us in our proudest and most shameful moments and sees His child. When we say what we ought not say, or do what we know we shouldn't Our Father still says, "That's MY kid."

When we're unlovable or down right adorable God looks at His creation and says, "That's MY kid."

God looks at us with love because He gave his only Son that by faith, no matter who we are or what we've done, he can say, "That's MY kid."

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that Clint... sometimes you just need to be reminded of the fact! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, thank you. And I love you back. Keep being you.

    ReplyDelete